Belfast Bred Food Tours
A walking tour with a difference: on the Belfast Bred Food Tour you will discover the city’s fascinating culinary history in the company of Barney, a chef from RMS Titanic – and you’ll sample some great Belfast food along the way.
Defrosted after 99 years frozen in an iceberg, Barney has just two and a half hours to search contemporary Belfast for the finest ingredients to recreate the famous ship’s launch menu.
Written by Seth Linder, performed by Michael Lavery and Fra Gunn and directed by Kabosh’s Paula McFetridge, Belfast Bred introduces you to the very best of local produce. You’ll also get the chance to chat with local chefs, and taste Belfast’s culinary heritage. So join Barney as he recounts the stories of the Edwardian city he knew and discover the world-class food and drink available throughout modern Belfast.
This mouth-watering dramatic tour includes free samples at each location:
- Gourmet delights at the century-old Sawers Deli, established 1897
- Northern Ireland’s celebrated seafood at the Mourne Seafood Bar
- Superb artisan beers at the atmospheric John Hewitt Public House
- Delicious Irish cheeses in Cathedral Quarter institution Nick’s Warehouse
- Sizzling Hot Rock Steaks at the 300 year old McHugh’s Bar
Finish up at St. George’s Market, one of the finest food markets in the UK or Ireland, first opened when Barney was a boy!
TOUR DATES & TIMES
- Friday 3rd & Saturday 4th August
- Friday 10th & Saturday 11th August
- Friday 17th August
- Friday 24th & Saturday 25th August
- Friday 31st August & Saturday 1st September
- Saturday 15th September
- Saturday 22nd September
- Friday 12 October (as part of Belfast Restaurant Week)
Departs Sawers Deli, College Street, 10.15am, finishing St. George’s Market 12.45pm.